Monday, October 5, 2009

Not sure I want this on the internet, but eh

I wrote this a while ago, when I was in a 'I'm going to write a book' mood.
I am content with the prologue, but am yet to perfect chapter one,
but watch this space, I may continue it one day...maybe.
Feedback welcomed!

PROLOGUE

‘I mustn’t do this,’ thought Raquella. But looking at Joab, she decided that she didn’t care much what she must or mustn’t do. As she glanced at him through the crack of the bathroom door that adjoined her room, she decided to go out. She had never loved a man so much, she had school-girl crushes before, but never before had she wanted to share her entity with a man. It occurred to her, standing there that these were her last moments a virgin, and she smiled at this. With shaking hands she removed her bathrobe and took one cautious step towards her beloved. When he saw her standing there in all her beauty, shyly staring at her feet, he let out a gasp of satisfaction and surprise; he hadn’t expected her to come out. As she lay on the bed beside him, he moved to hover above her, placed one hand carefully behind her head, and the other in the small of her back. He leaned in to kiss her, but paused, awaiting approval, consent. ‘This is why I love him,’ Raquella thought, and nodded ever so slightly. He pulled her close to him and kissed her tenderly on the lips. Her heart leaped out of her chest and began to thump so strong against her ribs she was surprised Joab didn’t hear. She sighed with contentment, clutched him to her and began to kiss him back.

NB: This is not based on a true story...well not mine anyway, someone else in this vast world of ours may have encountered similar circumstances, but i didn't write about them.

1 comment:

  1. oh tianna,
    this is incredible. you have a knack for writing. this made me feel like i was there and made me want to be the woman. good job tianna (Y)

    ReplyDelete