Thursday, October 22, 2009

EXCITING!

I got to meet my buddy yesterday! Or rather, my little sister!
Her name is Nicole and she is lovely.
I felt a bit bad for her yesterday, Ms Ives was making notes about all the things she likes doing and stuff, and I know that is part of her job description, but it was like she was just another girl, making notes on her like she is a ....I don't know, but I didn't like it.

And the other thing I don't like. PEOPLE!
'I get to meet my buddy today!'
'Oh, why?'
'She is a special needs student'
'OH! Whats wrong with her then?'

I realise what people mean, but its just such a terrible way to say it. There is nothing wrong with her, she is perfectly right. Yes, she does have a learning difficulty, but that doesn't mean that there is something wrong with her. She is just a normal girl who has trouble with some things that the rest of us take for granted. There is nothing wrong about that.

But yes, I'm very excited, and judging from yesterday, so is she!
She was a bit overwhelmed meeting all the people and me explaining how there are 4 different blocks of classrooms, and she met and had photos with about 15 different people, but that isn't even the start of it! But she handled it all very well considering, and is very much looking forward to next year.

To be honest, so am I!

I really have a lot on next year.
I guess not getting a captain was kinda a good thing, though I was still disappointed.
It means that I now have more time to concentrate on Nicole, Chamber/potentially America, Musical and getting grades to be a fancy Doctor in a white coat with a job title no-one can pronounce, but knows I worked extremely hard to get there.

In conclusion, maybe we can organise a lunch date somewhere around...December next year? I'm all booked out till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment