Saturday, October 9, 2010

So I've discovered

Boys and girls are EXACTLY the same.
Like, Identical.
3 times in the last 24 hours I have experienced a guy doing something totally kind and sweet and affectionate, not the typical 'guy' thing to do.
FIRSTLY: Guy's giving relationship advice to other guys. Like sitting down, having a D&M about their lives and what they should do. In a totally kind, un-macho way.
SECONDLY: A guy sitting there telling someone to 'do what feels right' and to not let anyone else control you and to not let another guy screw you over. Totally what I would expect from a girlfriend, not a guy.
THIRDLY: Guys, in a sweet, considerate way, consoling a friend about a breakup. Offering to be a shoulder to cry on, offering to talk, saying 'I love you'.

I don't know why, but I was taken by surprise in all three instances
And I know I shouldn't have been, because I pride myself on not being prejudice
But yes.
Just thought I'd share that with y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment