Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Juxtapose

I will never forget
the times I used to dress up in your clothes

I will never forget
the way you I hated the way you held my hand, with the pinky wrapped around my little hand to make sure I couldn't accidently let go

I will never forget
the way I was scared of the shower unless I was in there with you

I will never forget
the year we both got so many bad mozzies you ran me about 5 really hot bathes to sooth it

I will never forget
the way I was always your possum, spanner anna and baby

I will never forget
how I was your first born and you put so much effort into my development

I will never forget
how we used to drive the car in the driveway together; I would 'steer' and you would do the pedals

I will never forget
how I could always tell which pillow was yours from the smell of your hair-gel

I will never forget
how I used to watch you do your tie every morning and be facinated that you did the precise same movements every day

I will never forget
my refrain of 'see you later aligator, don't forget your toilet paper' every morning when you went to work

I will never forget
how I used to try and stretch my little arms to reach around your whole belly

I will never forget
how I was your right-hand man; we built sheds, planted gardens, cook pancakes together

I will never forget
the afternoon I ran into your room crying because I couldn't tie my shoelaces and you sat down and spent half an hour teaching me

I will never forget
how you always knew that despite my age, I was better help to you than any adult

I will never forget
how you always used to make me apoligise to mum when I was rude to her

I will never forget
how I used to like you better

I will never forget
how I will never like you better again

I will never forget
how you tore my world from underneath me

I will never forget
how you thought I would be ok with you hurting her

I will never forget
the day you threatened me

I will never forget
how angry I was at you

I will never forget
the lies you told me

I will never forget
the messages I found in your phone

I will never forget
the childhood you took away from me

I will never forget
the life I could have had

I will never forget
all that you took from me

I will never forget
what you did to her

I've tried so hard to forget. But now I realise I'm MEANT to remember, both the good and the bad. I meant to remember so that I can make sure that this won't happen to me.
You always said you didn't want your life for your kids. You re-created the first half for us, but I'm going to make sure history never repeats itself.
I don't care if you were drunk
I don't care if it just happened
You knew what you could have lost
Even though you thought I would never leave you
I did
And the only way I can accept this and move on
I knowing that in all of this you got exactly what you deserved
You lost me
And this, I know, you will regret until the day that you die

No comments:

Post a Comment