Saturday, February 27, 2010

The 'Grey's Anatomy' of my life

As you all know (or will very soon figure out) I love Grey's Anatomy, and like most things I read and watch, I try to relate it to my life, and see if it fits. In this case, it does. Naturally, as I am the star of my life, I am also the star of my show. Thus, I'm Merideth.

Firstly, Christina. We have an odd sort of friendship. Not odd as such I suppose, but certainly not your 'OMG I love you, we're totally besties' kind of outward friendship. It's more a 'I've got your back, you've got mine' which is very fitting as it's the same with Merideth and Christina. As you say, 'we don't have to do the thing where I say something and you say something and we hug and cry and there's like a moment...'. We have the 'I'll keep your secret pregnancy to our boss secret if you don't tell anyone about my alziemers mother and drunken father,' type 'I'll give you relationship advice about your heart surgeon fiancee who want you to move in, and not tell anyone about why you wanted to be a heart surgeon' relationship. We are very much a deeper kind of friendship without all the superficial rubbish. When I drowed and nearly died, you are the one who made them perform the one more round of meds and electric shocks that brought me back. You never show weakness, and neither do I, but both of us know when the other is down. I am your mother, you 'person' just as Merideth is for Christina. when you go for your secret abortion, I'm the emergency contact, and we go jogging in the mornings together. You are, naturally, the top of everything that you can be the top of, but you never boast about it or put the others down. You're always in for a bit of healthy competition, and think everything through in a logical manner so you can achieve the best outcome. Merideth would be nothing without Christina, Neither I, without you.

Next, Izzy. You are the sunshine of every day, You watch the show, you know what I mean; the world is just a better place with Isobel Stevens. You are drop-dead-gorgeous, grew up in a trailer park and fight like a man, modelled to get through med school and have a barbie doll for a mother. You are the quiet achiever, there for everyone, and will plan my wedding, even as the Chemo attacks your body. You protect me from callie when she tries to beat me up, and don't get too upset when you find I'm sleeping with an atending. You're the person no one can live without, the person who almost left me for a while there, but came back in the end, thank god. You're the one who's sweet on the outside, and who everyone thinks is a nurse, but underneath, you know what you have to do to get what you want. You may have gone crazy and cut the L-vad wire, but you came back from that after a lot of baking (fits in with your job) and now you bring deer back to life. When I drowned, (got I'm referring to this a lot) you are the one who refused to see the possibility that I might die. even when Merideth (me) was lying there blue on the table, you knew that I would make it. And on that same day you drilled burr holes in a man's skull using a power drill. you underestimate your capabilities, but are an extremely talented and exceptional person. Grey's Anatomy, and my life, would be boring and lifeless without you Izzy.

Derek. Naturally, my spose, though Merideth's marriage was on a post-it note in a locker room, not in a PE classroom. You are the one who is a) McDreamy, has been through a lot, but doesn't show it, who loves animals, and In the 'Merideth drowns' episope, someone says that you are one of few left in the world. After everything, you are still an optimist. you still believe there is hope in the world, and when I drowned in that river you pulled me out. you're the one who performed CPR for hours and sat outside that waiting room for hours. You sacrificed everything for me, but never cared. Without Derek, Merideth would be dark and twisty beyond repair, but you stopped that. You make me less dark and twisty every day I know you.

George. You are the cute, lovable, amazingly beautiful man who holds everything together. There is one memorable scene when you are fighting with Izzy and I with Christina so you pretend to be Christina for me and I pretend to be Izzy for you. That is so us, you are always there when I need you, always ready to fall back on no matter what. There was not a dry eye in the country when you died, and you are exactly his personality. On your way to joining the army to be a surgeon, you jumped in front of a bus so you could push a perfect stranger away. That is you, sacrificing all you have for someone in need. Don't ever change who you are, the world would be a worse place without you.

Alex. We're not the closest of close, but you care emensly for me, and I for you. Though you may seem to do bad things at times, everyone knows deep down that you care. You're the one who cries at the baby you almost had with Ava, who helped that poor woman from when you found her floating in the river, and helped her rebuild her strength and regain her memory. you're the one who helps this woman pick her face, helping her re-create who she is. Despite your tough guy act, everyone knows you are a big softie, and are often everyone's favourite. you're talented, do what you have to to get the job done and are compassionate and caring. You take care of my people when I can't, and are always there no matter what. Those who know you best know what a brilliant person you are, and you are much loved.

I'm about to fall asleep at this computer, but I plan on finishing the Grey's anatomy cast list in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment