Monday, November 9, 2009

Book 3 - The Bad Beginning

Childrens' book? Yes I know. Doesn't stop me from reading it though!

Book Number: 3
Book Title: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events Book the First: The Bad Beginning
Page Number: 162
Page Subtotal: 352

I have read this before so I suppose that's cheating, but there aren't many books I own that I haven't read, so get used to it! XD
It is a book intended for pre-teens (i.e. my maturity level!). The story is about 3 children who find that their parents have been killed in a fire that destroyed their entire home. They are told by their parent's executor of estate who coughs a lot that they are to live with their closest relative; either their 3rd cousin 4 times removed or 4th cousin 3 times removed. Geographically though, he was just down the road. Here they are forced to do a great number of chores for Count Olaf and by the end of the story, Olaf tries to marry Violet (The eldest, she is 14, Klaus is 12 and Sunny is so small she is scarecely larger than a loaf of Bread) so that as her husband, he can assume control of the enormous fortune their parents left them. She discovers his plan and signs the marriage certificate with her left hand (she is right handed) and it is null and void. They are removed from his care.

In it's category, it is about an 8.5 out of 10. Obviously, I have read some more complex and...adult books...like the Tomorrow Series, there is a lot more blood and guts in those!! XD

Toodles!

oh! seeing as I have reduced the total/goal, it seems my countdown has significantly reduced!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment