Saturday, March 6, 2010

You got me thinking

You always do. I'm going to blog about respect too, but from a different point of view.
What I hate is lack of respect.
Those who know me well know how much it angers me to see people being disrespected.
I cannot be disrespectful. I just can't do it. Well, I'd like to think I can't, that I'm not.
Like Umbridge the other day. I could have slapped her across the face, but I couldn't talk back to her. I couldn't argue my case.
What you did wasn't disrespectful as such, but I never would have been able to do it.
I too, have issues with Authority figures.
I just smile politely and take whatever they throw at me.
I can cop abuse, and won't argue back.
I can sit there and be yelled at and just take it.
Sure, I'll break down and cry, but I won't say a thing.
I just can't.
And it's when I see the people like me, who can't defend themselves and yell back, that I grow some balls and say something.
I can be disrespectful in someone elses defence, but never mine.
I think that's a bad thing...
I wish I could stand up for myself, I wish I could defend myself.
I wish I could have told umbridge what I thought of her
But I couldn't.
and that sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment