I have complained in the past
about what little I am told
how no one tells me anything
and let's face it, it's true
and I set out to write this blog demanding that you tell me what is going on
what you feel you can tell the one who hurt you most and not me
but then I realised
I don't tell you much either
sometimes I think you don't want to tell me because I am to whole
and I wonder why you are so sorely mistaken
I wonder why you feel you need to shield me from your pain
The same way I do with others
but then I realised
The reason I don't tell you things
isn't because I think you are too whole, too innocent and pure to be ruined
it's because you are too broken
you have too much hurt, too much pain, and I need to shield you from any more
And I think it is the same with me
you don't think I am too whole, you think I am too broken
But I'm not
I'm not too broken for you
I can handle your pain
Because you need to let me in
I will go mad if you don't let me in
I honestly don't think I can stand you go through the pain you think I haven't noticed
If I'm not there to help you through it
so tell me
let me in
I'm not broken
I need to help you
I can't not help you
So just let me
No comments:
Post a Comment