Friday, December 11, 2009

Amazement

As I do in the holidays, I have recently been watching a LOT of Grey's Anatomy.
And I must say, it is a brilliant show.
There aren't many things that make me cry, but that show does it sometimes.
Anyway, I was watching it last night and there is this episode where there is a massive ferry crash.
And there are heaps of fatalities and even more injuries.
The interns have to go to the scene and basically just help who they can.
This one doctor, Izzie has to help this guy who is trapped under a car and his brain is swelling because he is bleeding into his brain.
So she borrows a power drill from an electrition called Vince and drills multiple burr holes into this man's head...
That is medicine
That is what I want to do
To be able to save someone's life with a power drill on a ferry is...amazing.
To be able to have the ability and the knowledge to do that is just phenomenal, and I want the ability to do that.
I may not be doing anything as dramatic as that (though I would very much like to) I will be helping people.
I will ues my intelligence and knowledge to save someone's life, when no one can.
I want to be a specialty doctor so that I can feel that because of my hard work, I was the only person in the city, or state, or country who could perform that procedure that saved them.
Because of me, not any ol' person off the street, that person is alive.
Talk about job satisfaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment