Sigh. So I thought I'd outgrown this, but I guess sometimes there's no where else to turn than to the blank page of a blog.
I'm happy, don't get me wrong. My life is actually going right for once. I have everything I could have asked for, and everything I ever planned to have at this stage in my life.
And the old me is back. The me who is everything for everyone. Don't get me wrong, I like being that person; I hated myself for not being her for so long. But I forgot how fucking DRAINING it is to take on board all of everyone's problems, all the time.
5 Subjects
4 jobs
3 weeks of prac
2 volunteer positions
1 boyfriend
I can't do it all. Something's got to give, but it can't be anything on that list. So these days it seems to be my sanity. I guess I'm a bit of a stress-junkie. Testing myself to the limits and walking along that cliff face, just daring the wind to blow me one way or another.
Besides being ridiculously tired and stressed and having more things on my 'to-do' list than my 'done' list, I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. I thrive on leadership and stress and pressure. It brings out my true colours and forces me to prove to myself that I can cope with the extremes of situations.
So what do I say to the rest of this semester?
Bring it the fuck on.
No comments:
Post a Comment