Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It doesn't even matter

I know the person you need me to be.
You need me to be the caring one, the one who holds your hand and helps you through the hardships in your life.You need me to be the big sister you never had, because she wasn't there. You need me
But I can't be there. I can't do this, I can't be your big sister. You had a big sister. But she left a long, long time ago. Instead, you gained a mother. A mother who did everything you needed, who coped on her own through it all. But there's only so much a person can give. There's only so long they can last.
I can't be your sister.
I'm already done being your mother, I've got no more to give.
It's not easy being a single mother. I've done it, and now I'm done

There's nothing else you can ask of me

I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

No comments:

Post a Comment