Monday, November 1, 2010

I was so angry
No, worse than that I was hurt
In the deepest part of me I was hurting
I put so much into that house
SO MUCH
I planted those plants
I weeded that garden
I pruned those hedges to make them look nice
I layed the slab for the shed
I put up the shed
I put up the sun visor
I layed the grass
I planted the vege garden
I cleaned that bathroom so many times
I vacuumed that floor
We picked those tiles
We spend hours in the paint shop finding the right colour
I climed up ladders to check things
I put so much into that house
And it, and my life was taken away from me before I knew it
And it hurt
I was hurting
But then you kissed my forehead
and imprinted a butterfly on my chest
You said the most perfect things
and I know you were sober
I know you meant it
Because you always do
You take away my pain.
You always have, and you always will
You took away my pain, and now it doesn't hurt
I wish there was another way I could say 'I love you' so that you knew how much I truly mean it, but there's not. So we'll just have to settle with it
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment