Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ok

So this has been half brewing for a while, but it got brought up today, so now it's all fresh.
Class.
I hate its existence in our lives. I hate the need for there to be levels, segregation.
I got told today that people should marry within their class, not marry anyone who is beneath them
I nearly attacked them
What the hell is class anyway?
Is it just some levels that are sorted out by some high and mighty so and so somewhere
and let me guess, he's sitting at the top of the pile? Yeh, thought so
So what determines class? Is there an act, a word uttered that shuns you to a lower class?
Like, if I were to do one bad act, does that automatically mean I'm not better than the drug dealer down the road?
And furthermore, why is class sustained throughout generations?
is there anything that can be done to move up out of a class?
No, because in order to do that, you would have to marry out
and no, we can't have that now, can we
Don't get me wrong, this doesn't specifically apply to me, I don't have a fiancee on the cards
but it irritates me that my family thinks this
so what am I to do when I bring someone home to meet the family?
Do a background check and see how many loaves of bread their ancestors stole hundreds of years ago?
Like seriously, when does it end?
when does class stop mattering
because to me, it seems to be an endless cycle
because my family member suggested that if parents are bad, then kids are bad
but the thing is, we all have parents
which means it really IS a never ending cycle
Which makes it incredible unfair, unjust and just plain asdfjk;
And that brings be to another topic that's been brewing, and this one really pisses me off.
Discrimination and Prejudice.
again, completely useless and determined by some fat, rich old man who has nothing better to do but sit and point his finger.
The prejudices in society are that bad that on sony we were warned about how people would react to the fact that we were walking around public with disabled kids
Like, we were told how to react, and how they would react
it's just not right
what happened to accepting everyone for who they are?
Oh right, that went out the window with VCR's
welcome to the 2000's people, we discriminate these days
It just really irritates me that these amazing little people can be treated so poorly in society
It doesn't take 4 days to realise how amazing they all are
it doesn't take 4 days to realise that they are people too
That is an instant thing
they are a human, therefore they are just as important and amazing as you are
yet people seem to think that 'Disabled' means 'disregarded'
it's as if they don't matter in society
like they should be shunned, like they've done something bad to deserve this life
The one thing Sony taught me was that disabilities are not ways of being;
they are a personality trait
it does not, and should not define their entire life, it is merely an aspect of it
like being blonde, having blue eyes and long legs
it is a daily part of your life, but not the defining part of your life
The surprise on people's faces when they realise that someone who is confined to a chair and has limited movement, can read and communicate just as you can, just in a slightly different way was amazing.

Ok. I think that rant is over.
I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment